Tuesday 26 October 2010

My Breakdown


I have lost the will to live,
I have nothing more to give.
Feel stoic in my veins,
I cannot differentiate laughter from pain.

 My head feels like a ton,
Makes me weak when I feel I have nowhere to run.
Tears roll down my face,
I feel the need to forfeit the race.

There is nothing left in me,
No pain, sorrow or even greed.
I hate the feeling I get now and then,
Makes me want to loathe myself over and over again.

I hear voices in my head,
They trouble me throughout the day and in bed.
I see things I don’t want to dream,
It feels so real; it makes me want to scream.

So much has changed since then,
I wish I had another chance to start over again.
It’s all lost now, everything,
But I feel no pain or anything.

It hurts to look back and grieve,
I feel I have no one left to believe.
Every second feels like a million piercing daggers,
I hate it when I don’t even feel any anger.

I am holding on to what I believe,
I will always be true to myself no matter what I achieve.
Its times like these I feel down,
But I know that if I keep swimming, I will never drown.

-Anirudh






2 comments:

  1. Man, very deep. But it reads well.
    I am sure it is something most of us go through at different times in our lives when events go beyond our control and we feel helpless.
    Last sentence was quite good and gives a positive ending to the poem. Quite true on its suggestion..ie one has to keep swimming.
    Post more poems...

    ReplyDelete